17´bow rider options

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Samikoo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 17´bow rider options

Post by Samikoo »

Samikoo wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:44 am
OlivierP wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 am Did you consider the GV17 ? Seems to have the highest capacity amongst 17 footers, and reasonably high sheer. Exists in bow rider version.
No, not really. The looks of her don't float my boat, if you know what I mean... Otherwise it would be a really smart choice.
Actually, I have to confess I've been looking at the GV17 study plans a lot lately. The load capacity is something that intrigues me, and the fact it has some very personal looks. I know I shouldn't say this, but with a few minor tweeks she could look O.K. Like the Roughneck boats from Lowe, and even a little bit like the finnish XO DFNDR if equipped with the right accessories.

I just can't find any info on finished boats, like what kind of engines they used, what was the comfortable cruising speed etc...

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: 17´bow rider options

Post by TomW1 »

Samikoo Will in South Carolina built one and documented it pretty well. I well try to find it for you. It was a really pretty boat when he was done with it as I recall.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978