CLOSED -- 9p ET March 3 maintenance

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CLOSED -- 9p ET March 3 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Starting at 9pET on March 3 the following actions will be taken
1. Final sync of current files systems to new cloud servers
2. Moving of processing of community.boatbuildercentral.com/gallery to new cloud server
3. Moving of processing of community.boatbuildercentral.com/forum to new cloud server
4. Moving of processing of boatbuildercentral.com to new cloud server (still in progress)

The expected impacts are
  • Users will be logged out and we will need to re-authenticate
  • Users will experience a brief outage as DNS propagates
  • Users will be surprised at how much faster everything is now that Jaysen can't stomp all over the CPU with some silly backup script
There will be additional maintenance and downtime needed to relocate databases. Jaysen is still arguing with really smart people about the best method to do that.

Let me know if there are any questions.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 9p ET March 3 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

All work in community sites is completed. I am still beating BBC proper into submission.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CLOSED -- 9p ET March 3 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

This work is complete. BBC and Community sites are hosted on separate servers and the DB instances are now running on dedicated hardware. This concludes this evenings efforts. We will have more work to migrate the DB instances to properly faired servers in the very near future.

Thank you all for your patience.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

So, Dr Jaysen, how is the patient?

This thing has a life of its own.

Is it taking the doctors orders, staying away from caffeine and heavy drugs? Rum?

Thanks for keeping the patient alive.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

At this point the patient has been gently beaten into submission. The hard stuff is in the big yellow box at the top of the page. I'm kind of dreading that. It's not helping that the BBC hosting provider (who is great) is a little apprehensive with their answers. I do need to think about taking more mid-day naps until we have this little project completed.