CLOSED - 9p ET March 4 maintenance

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CLOSED - 9p ET March 4 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Starting at 9p ET on March 4 there will be a maintenance window to start the db segregation and migration for all BBC associated sites. There will be extended outages of the forum and gallery as well as a brief outage of the BBC store site. We anticipate this activity lasting up to 6hr (3a ET March 5).

All attempts will be made to preserve all data, but any posts made once the maintenance has started could be lost. When we are at a point that posts could be lost a RED announcement will be posted on the forum.

I will update this thread with details and status as the work progress.

Thank you.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 9p ET March 4 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Maintenance is starting. Hold on to your hats. Kiss the wife (or whatever) goodnight and pray to the deity of your choice. I'm hitting the big red button in 7 minutes.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 9p ET March 4 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Well... the main “ugly” work won’t kick off until 3a ET as that’s when the hosting provider’s automation runs. I’ve opened up the forum. There will be a bump at 3a ET. The red status remains as I will eventually nod off and likely miss locking you all out before they whack out DB.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CLOSED - 9p ET March 4 maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Things are all "done" and "working".

Please note the air quotes. These types of changes always have issues that popup later. I'll follow in the view of "big brother" and say "if you see something, say something".

Thank you all for your patience.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: CLOSED - 9p ET March 4 maintenance

Post by TomW1 »

Thank you for all your work! :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978