CLOSED -- 9p ET March 20 -- Site maintenance

Please use this forum to tell us about problems you are having with the forum software, or the new site. This lets us keep the boat building discussions free from clutter.

Your comments and tips are appreciated.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

CLOSED -- 9p ET March 20 -- Site maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

At 9p ET on Saturday, March 20 we will be performing maintenance on community.boatbuildercentral.com. The following activities are planned:
  • Backup databases and files
  • Upgrade Coppermine Photo Gallery to current version
  • Upgrade PHPBB components as needed
  • Assess PHP version upgrade and execute if possible
During these activities users may experience one or more of the following:
  • Coppermine Photo Gallery will in inaccessable and photos in threads my not load during the upgrade.
  • The forum may have brief periods of slow or no response (hopefully the maintenance page will display)
Let me know if there are any questions.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 9p ET March 20 -- Site maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Maintenance has started.
* Backups in progress
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: 9p ET March 20 -- Site maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Maintenance has started.
* Backups in progress
* Forum modules upgrade
* Coppermine gallery upgrade

All activities compelte.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CLOSED -- 9p ET March 20 -- Site maintenance

Post by glossieblack »

Bet you're pleased to have that behind you. Well done! :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: CLOSED -- 9p ET March 20 -- Site maintenance

Post by Jaysen »

Yes actually. It proved the improvements of the last 6mo. Less than 30min vs the 3hr it uses to take AND there was no danger of damaging the BBC store as we have segregated the systems completely.

The one that I think is coming soon that will really be annoying is the move to php8. I expect that will make me cry.