CCTXF20

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Matthew Anderson
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: CCTXF20

Post by Matthew Anderson »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 pm Hey Matthew...I am planning a move to Corpus Christi and also considering the same boat, but maybe with a jackplate on ob, not sure for sure.

Boat is looking good. I plan to fish more out to sea, but awful curious about the inside as well.

I also love bluegill fishin. Not sure if you have any down that way inland or not.
Come on down!

I grew up "bream" fishing on the Texas, Louisiana border. So much fun! They are in all the lakes here but I don't venture too far from the Laguna Madre.

I plan on a 90hp on a jackplate.

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Fallguy my XF is on the bay in Port Aransas. Matt has taken a short cruise with me. 90 on a jack plate. When you get this way give a shout. Pete
Attachments
579999B9-DDCD-450B-BE49-8C57BD9A9657.jpeg
594B8F4A-6661-4B9D-BD98-9BB683F3FB27.jpeg

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

The flats in our Texas bays can be magical, especially in the morning. Birds everywhere, bait moving, grass waving, reds tailing, etc. Think of towing a small boat with your Skoota down the intercoastal for several days, with early morning side trips in a little skiff or kayak. Would be a great fall trip. End up in South Padre with the nice restaurants and lodging. Sorry for thread drift, couldn't help the daydream.

Dougster

rick berrey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rick berrey »

Dougster , you left out wind blowing .

Dr Pete
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Dr Pete »

Further response to fallguy. This big flat boat can double as a chiropractic session for bone cracking. Choose your days wisely even in the bay. There are days when you can fish the gulf. If you’re looking for more routine outings through the jetties this not that boat.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Dr Pete wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:28 pm Further response to fallguy. This big flat boat can double as a chiropractic session for bone cracking. Choose your days wisely even in the bay. There are days when you can fish the gulf. If you’re looking for more routine outings through the jetties this not that boat.
I want a boat I can fish from and run my family to a restaurant dock without chiropracty.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Matthew Anderson
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Matthew Anderson »

The restaurants on the water here in Corpus Christi are mainly along the inter coastal waterway and in protected waters. This is not the boat for running in open deep waters but we don’t have much of that here. Unless you want to go outside the jetties or need to run across Corpus Christi Bay or Baffin Bay out in the open. The beauty of this boat is being able to run in 8” of protected water or less behind the barrier island. Takes a lot of wind for whitecaps in that skinny of water.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Matthew Anderson wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:45 pm The restaurants on the water here in Corpus Christi are mainly along the inter coastal waterway and in protected waters. This is not the boat for running in open deep waters but we don’t have much of that here. Unless you want to go outside the jetties or need to run across Corpus Christi Bay or Baffin Bay out in the open. The beauty of this boat is being able to run in 8” of protected water or less behind the barrier island. Takes a lot of wind for whitecaps in that skinny of water.
I've got the Skoota for the Gulf.

It is setup as a fishing boat with 16' wide aft deck. Will have four downriggers.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

I have a 13' Whaler Sport I can refinish and tow for shallows...hmmm

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I know nothing about 'em but maybe a jet drive on that whaler and Bob's your Uncle? People do run jets down there.
Oh yeah, about the wind...well, yeah. Spring's worse, fall best to me.

Dougster