TX 18 project for sale

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TX 18 project for sale

Post by Jeff »

Great to hear from you AA!!! Jeff

Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm A band new old school 90 is a bit of an unicorn :!: No idea what the asking price is but it might be worth it just for the motor. :wink:
The asking price is 10k for the hull and motor. I’m getting nothing for the sale, just trying to help my friend.
The motor is a brand new in the crate 2008 90hp 2 stroke Yamaha. You can’t buy one in this condition for any price anywhere else.
The hull has been laminated on both sides and the stringers are tabbed in.
The hull has also been garage kept since the build was started. All of the ply needed to finish the boat is included.
I have video of a TX-18 on plane if a perspective buyer would like to see it.
I got a chance to pilot a TX-18 in Texas back in 2011 and I can tell you it’s one hell of a boat…
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

I need to get this TX-18 hull out of my shop. Will let the hull go for $2,500. Does not include the brand new 90 hp Yamaha crate motor which is about to be sold for $5,500. PM me with any serious inquiries, thank you.
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wpstarling »

Aripeka Angler wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:40 pm I need to get this TX-18 hull out of my shop. Will let the hull go for $2,500. Does not include the brand new 90 hp Yamaha crate motor which is about to be sold for $5,500. PM me with any serious inquiries, thank you.
Richard, I'm seriously interested. I talked to Derrick before he moved but couldn't pull the trigger. I'll PM you
Boats restored: 1973 Glastron CV16, 1990 Proline 17 CC, 1993 Bass Boat
Boats built: custom 15ft flat bottom skiff, Soon-to-be-built TX18 (originally dborecky's build)

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

wpstarling wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:58 pm
Aripeka Angler wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:40 pm I need to get this TX-18 hull out of my shop. Will let the hull go for $2,500. Does not include the brand new 90 hp Yamaha crate motor which is about to be sold for $5,500. PM me with any serious inquiries, thank you.
Richard, I'm seriously interested. I talked to Derrick before he moved but couldn't pull the trigger. I'll PM you
Safe travels back home with your boat project and it was nice meeting you.
Good luck with your new build!!!
I texted Derrick to tell him about the sale and will forward your payment…
Richard

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is a damn nice thing you did Richard! But then from what I have learned about you I would expect nothing less.

I hope the new owner will start a build thread or maybe continue on with the original thread. Be nice to see the finished build.

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wpstarling »

I'm finishing up another build and then I'll start a new thread with a link back to derricks build thread. Richard was awesome to meet and definitely a good friend.

Thanks for the help Richard!
Boats built: custom 15ft flat bottom skiff, Soon-to-be-built TX18 (originally dborecky's build)

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wpstarling »

Hey all, while I don't have to sell the boat, circumstances have changed and it would be best to let it go to someone who will be able to do something with her. She's ready to get some work done. The hull is ready inside and out and the stringers are glued in but need the filets finished and then glassed. All of the wood from the CNC kit is included along with a little extra scrap pieces. There is a little bit of glass cloth left over that will come with it but it's not more than a few yards of biax at most. I do have a strongback that I built for the boat to sit on that can be included if desired. I'm not looking to make money on it, just want it to get built. Asking $2500, located in Crawfordville, FL (outside of Tallahassee, FL). I have the plans and some receipts from when Derrick was building it and I can send you the pictures of the build if you'd like but they're the same pics from Derrick's build thread (viewtopic.php?t=25638)

PM me for any information or if you're interested. Thanks, Bill

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

This is an absolutely outstanding project boat to buy on the cheap. If you were to want to build a first class flats boat, I’d recommend this hull for the asking price. The TX-18 rides better and is drier than my XF-20 or any of the FS or OD boats I have built or rode in, period.
Richard

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Hard to get a better recommendation than what AA just gave.