Page 1 of 1

TX 18 project for sale

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:58 am
by dborecky
I have been very busy in life and unable to follow through with the TX 18.

Here is the thread for the build

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25638

I have glassed the inside and the stringers are tacked down but not glassed at this point.

I also have a new in the shipping box Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke for the boat that I wanted to use. This is the lightest 90 hp I could find at this time and would make it run shallow on a jack plate.

The reason for the sale is a move to another state with a new job.

Please contact me for any interest or questions.

Derrick

Re: TX 18 project for sale

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:36 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I will miss you brother when you move to Kerrville, TX. Sure will hate to see you leave Florida... Lots of good times fishing with you offshore...
If any of you guys want to a finish a TX18 that is the real deal, this is the one.
Not sure what Derrick is asking for his TX18 boat but I can tell you it is built perfectly up to this point. The motor is a correct fit for the boat...

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:03 pm
by fallguy1000
If a year went by, I would be interested. I plan to move to Texas and want a bay boat. My aluminum skiff is not so good for saltwater. I had planned the abaco 23, but probably not as good in skinny water. Trouble for me is too many projects to drive to Florida.

Someone will get lucky for sure.

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:14 pm
by Dr Pete
Sent PM. Thanks Pete

Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:59 am
by wpstarling
Sent PM as well in case it's still available

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:40 pm
by wpstarling
Anyone happen to know if Derrick sold this? I tried sending a PM but it doesn't look like it actually sent, plus he hasn't been online in a few days. Figured if others knew him I could find out if he at least had it before he moves.

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:21 pm
by Fuzz
I am pretty sure this Derrick is in Alaska right now killing fish. Might be a while before he sees this so do not give up.

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:15 pm
by wpstarling
Alaska?! Man that sounds cool. I'm gonna give it a bit, just figured this is a small community and a lot of people know each other.

Thanks for the tip 🙂

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:06 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Sooooo, I am now the foster parent on this build. :lol:
Derrick has moved to TX.
Basically, it’s a fully glassed and completed TX-18 hull with the stringers tabbed in.
All of the plywood required to complete the decks is included. It’s all pre-cut from a BBC kit.
Also included is a brand new in the box old school Yamaha 90hp 2 stroke motor.
PM or post with questions.

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm
by Fuzz
A band new old school 90 is a bit of an unicorn :!: No idea what the asking price is but it might be worth it just for the motor. :wink:

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 am
by Jeff
Great to hear from you AA!!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:33 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Fuzz wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm A band new old school 90 is a bit of an unicorn :!: No idea what the asking price is but it might be worth it just for the motor. :wink:
The asking price is 10k for the hull and motor. I’m getting nothing for the sale, just trying to help my friend.
The motor is a brand new in the crate 2008 90hp 2 stroke Yamaha. You can’t buy one in this condition for any price anywhere else.
The hull has been laminated on both sides and the stringers are tabbed in.
The hull has also been garage kept since the build was started. All of the ply needed to finish the boat is included.
I have video of a TX-18 on plane if a perspective buyer would like to see it.
I got a chance to pilot a TX-18 in Texas back in 2011 and I can tell you it’s one hell of a boat…

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:40 pm
by Aripeka Angler
I need to get this TX-18 hull out of my shop. Will let the hull go for $2,500. Does not include the brand new 90 hp Yamaha crate motor which is about to be sold for $5,500. PM me with any serious inquiries, thank you.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:58 pm
by wpstarling
Aripeka Angler wrote: ↑Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:40 pm I need to get this TX-18 hull out of my shop. Will let the hull go for $2,500. Does not include the brand new 90 hp Yamaha crate motor which is about to be sold for $5,500. PM me with any serious inquiries, thank you.
Richard, I'm seriously interested. I talked to Derrick before he moved but couldn't pull the trigger. I'll PM you

Posted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:59 pm
by Aripeka Angler
wpstarling wrote: ↑Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:58 pm
Aripeka Angler wrote: ↑Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:40 pm I need to get this TX-18 hull out of my shop. Will let the hull go for $2,500. Does not include the brand new 90 hp Yamaha crate motor which is about to be sold for $5,500. PM me with any serious inquiries, thank you.
Richard, I'm seriously interested. I talked to Derrick before he moved but couldn't pull the trigger. I'll PM you
Safe travels back home with your boat project and it was nice meeting you.
Good luck with your new build!!!
I texted Derrick to tell him about the sale and will forward your payment…

Posted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:35 am
by Fuzz
That is a damn nice thing you did Richard! But then from what I have learned about you I would expect nothing less.

I hope the new owner will start a build thread or maybe continue on with the original thread. Be nice to see the finished build.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:32 am
by wpstarling
I'm finishing up another build and then I'll start a new thread with a link back to derricks build thread. Richard was awesome to meet and definitely a good friend.

Thanks for the help Richard!

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:49 am
by wpstarling
Hey all, while I don't have to sell the boat, circumstances have changed and it would be best to let it go to someone who will be able to do something with her. She's ready to get some work done. The hull is ready inside and out and the stringers are glued in but need the filets finished and then glassed. All of the wood from the CNC kit is included along with a little extra scrap pieces. There is a little bit of glass cloth left over that will come with it but it's not more than a few yards of biax at most. I do have a strongback that I built for the boat to sit on that can be included if desired. I'm not looking to make money on it, just want it to get built. Asking $2500, located in Crawfordville, FL (outside of Tallahassee, FL). I have the plans and some receipts from when Derrick was building it and I can send you the pictures of the build if you'd like but they're the same pics from Derrick's build thread (viewtopic.php?t=25638)

PM me for any information or if you're interested. Thanks, Bill

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:50 pm
by Aripeka Angler
This is an absolutely outstanding project boat to buy on the cheap. If you were to want to build a first class flats boat, I’d recommend this hull for the asking price. The TX-18 rides better and is drier than my XF-20 or any of the FS or OD boats I have built or rode in, period.

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:50 pm
by Fuzz
Hard to get a better recommendation than what AA just gave.

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:46 am
by Dougster
I been on the same one Richard was on---it catches fish too 8)

Dougster

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:13 am
by Yesyoucan4
Is this still available. Thinking about my next build

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:30 pm
by Aripeka Angler
It might still be available. If Bill doesn’t reply in 24 hours or so, hit me up with a personal message. I have his phone number.

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:36 pm
by wpstarling
Yesyoucan4 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:13 am Is this still available. Thinking about my next build
Yes it’s still available, I’ll DM you

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:18 am
by Geno-67
wpstarling I sent you a private message, just wanted to make sure you got it. Is it still available?

Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:59 am
by wpstarling
Geno-67 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:18 am wpstarling I sent you a private message, just wanted to make sure you got it. Is it still available?
I just replied, yes I still have it.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:21 am
by txtrout
very interested. tried to send you a message. i live in central tx. have cash and a truck. would like to talk specifics if it is still available.