Page 1 of 1

Building a boogie board

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:51 pm
by Finn Maccumhail
So I've got some leftover divinycel, glass cloth, and epoxy. Any reason this couldn't be used to build a boogie board for my kids? Anybody done this?

Re: Building a boogie board

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:04 pm
by OrangeQuest
Finn Maccumhail wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:51 pm So I've got some leftover divinycel, glass cloth, and epoxy. Any reason this couldn't be used to build a boogie board for my kids? Anybody done this?
Key word here is "KIDS", seems you will need to make a proto type, then customize the boards for each kid. Unless you only doing one for the favorite!
🤣

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:12 pm
by fallguy1000
Really cool idea.

BBC really needs to consider small boards. A few plans would be super.

I was at West Marine and saw a lady pay $700 for some board about 2 feet long.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:07 pm
by Evan_Gatehouse
Surfboard builders have been building with epoxy for decades. Get yourself some extruded polystyrene (the pink or blue stuff) and save your good boat building foam for more boat projects!

Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:51 am
by bklake
Boogie boards are usually soft and light. My experience is that you are right next to it in the most turbulent water. A hard and heavy board plus tumbling around don't mix well. Surfing involves well defined breaks and kicking out before you get into the sloppy stuff. You are standing up so you can get away from the board in a wipe out. Usually.

Make a hard board and give it to the relative you like LEAST.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:58 am
by jonnymac
I watched my oldest get wacked in the head by the board the other day. it was bad enough with a soft board, it would have been a hospital trip with a fiberglass board.