OD18 Drawings in Package

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
Zane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

OD18 Drawings in Package

Post by Zane »

Hi,

Been a long time but I'm back for another build.

I ordered the OD18 plans the other day, ordered resin and glass last night, and once my bank account recovers I'll order the CNC kit. I want this to go as smoothly as possible, so I'm opting to go the CNC route this time around.

I have a question before ordering the CNC kit. The package of drawings I received contains two console drawings: B187 "Standard Center Console" and B212/7 "Console". The CNC plans have options to add a console to the kit: Standard Console, Short Standard Console, Flats Console, Short Flats Console, Large Console. Which of these console options equates to the drawing B187? I'd assume "Standard Console" but over the years I've become shy of using descriptions over drawing numbers. I'm pretty sure B187 is what I want to go with for this build.

Thanks!

-Zane

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OD18 Drawings in Package

Post by Reid »

Zane,

Welcome back and thank you for your recent purchase.
If you go to:
Boat Builder Central website > Plans and Kits > Consoles and Pilothouses > Console and Pilothouse Plans
On the bottom you will find PDF links for each Console. This will show you the dimensions. I have posted a link to the Standard Console PDF. This is the same dimensions as the console in the OD18 plans.
https://www.boatbuildercentral.com/wp-c ... ANDARD.pdf

Thank you and good luck on the build!
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

Zane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: OD18 Drawings in Package

Post by Zane »

Standard it is then!

Thanks for the quick response.

-Z