Lost my mind

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Lost my mind

Post by Fuzz »

Thanks guys!
So far it looks like arthritis in the spine. Not sure what can be done but I am looking around for the right guy. I just returned from a trip to AZ to see my sister and a old buddy. Side note a MRI there was 1/34 the price our local hospital charges. Not sure how they get away with those kind of charges other than being the only one in 150 miles.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:37 am Thanks guys!
So far it looks like arthritis in the spine. Not sure what can be done but I am looking around for the right guy. I just returned from a trip to AZ to see my sister and a old buddy. Side note a MRI there was 1/34 the price our local hospital charges. Not sure how they get away with those kind of charges other than being the only one in 150 miles.
MRI are often done by desperate people. They can't always afford to drive far for them. Machines are expensive and have limited life, so it could be they do fewer there and have a more captive audience.

My back ain't too good. I have some exercises that help. Surgeon looked and said unless you can't feel am extremity; no surgery. So, I get needle pains in my feet now n then and some sciatica burn in left leg. Exercise, no heavy lifting, lumbar pillow for all car rides more than 5 miles, tylenol, ibuprofen help me. Now and then some tylenol 3. I could never cut wood and split it, for example. I still can cut up a tree, but I usually pay for about a week and that is not moving more than the limbs out of my way cutting. And now n then it takes a serious few days of effort at walking if I get spasms. Biggest problem for me has been getting painkillers. I need about 36 a year for my basic survival and these doctors have gotten so tight, their asses squeak when I tell them the need. I itch like hell from narcotics, amd have to take benedryl with them which makes me even more tired and so I sleep. But exercise helps me, only I do hate doing them, so always cracking the whip on myself.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Sorry Fuzz!!!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Sorry to hear that Fuzz. I am to the point that I have arthritis in about every joint. I take 3 blue pills a day. Good luck to you. Tom

fallguy back pain is the worse there is. Mine started while I was in the Navy 40 years ago. Standing on those steel decks let my back give out so after every 7 month cruise I ended up in the hospital and then at home flat on my back for bed rest for about a month each time. It still kicks up from time to time, and I normally cannot stand for more than 20-30 minutes without sitting down. I still wear a back brace when traveling or doing anything llaborious. Well good luck to you also. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

cape man

Post by cape man »

Pot is legal in Alaska...
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:10 pm Pot is legal in Alaska...
I think they just made it legal all over the nation. My problem is every time I tried it two things happened. After about 10-15 minutes I had to go puke and then go to sleep. Not much grass for this fella :help:

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

I don't puke, but it makes me sleepy as hell. What fun is that?

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Well… when the partaken is in so much pain they can’t sleep, it is a god send. I don’t like the opioids and legal Jane would be a much preferred option in my house. But so far… nope. Not for us.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:58 am Well… when the partaken is in so much pain they can’t sleep, it is a god send. I don’t like the opioids and legal Jane would be a much preferred option in my house. But so far… nope. Not for us.
Good point. Sleep is my biggest problem with pain.

Fuzz-how close are you to water and where was the big boat going to be kept?

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Dan I live about a mile from the mouth of the Kasilof river where it runs into Cook Inlet. I was planning on keeping the boat in Homer about a 100 miles away. I have a trailer for it so was planning on hauling it home at the end of the season. It is a pain to keep a boat in the water over the winter months.

I know lots of people who swear by grass for pain management but I have never tried it. Like I said the only times I tried it I did not like the results.