Lost my mind

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Lost my mind

Post by fallguy1000 »

So, new motor for him and new motor for you?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

That is way too much motor for anything I have. It is one of the few motors Cummings built that did not work out too well. He will be installing a new motor. Work deck is coming out and major changes being made. It is amazing how over built the old deck is. 1.5 inch of divinycell and 1/2 inch of glass all done with epoxy :help:

cape man

Post by cape man »

So you are not using it?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Fuzz!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

cape man wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:44 am So you are not using it?
I don’t think he said that exactly. I am curious what he could be using a marinized engine for if not a boat. I’m betting it’s something boating like “someone else’s boat”.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Guess I did not explain it very well. This is my buddy and neighbour who gave me the Rawson. He needed some help pulling the motor and getting it home. Least I could do is give him a hand. That model of engine has a bad habit of melting itself down and this one has done that. He will be putting a different model Cummings back in the boat. I think he is going to part the old engine out.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

New one for me last night. While standing out on my back deck I got to see a Brown Bear chase a moose with two grown calfs right through my yard. It all happened 10-15 feet from me. I had never seen moose run any where near that fast. I guess with the right motivation they can move pretty good.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:04 am New one for me last night. While standing out on my back deck I got to see a Brown Bear chase a moose with two grown calfs right through my yard. It all happened 10-15 feet from me. I had never seen moose run any where near that fast. I guess with the right motivation they can move pretty good.
wow! seeing a bear and a moose in the wild is on my bucket list. I just moved to Maine, so hoping to see some moose this winter.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, what a great experience!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

You know... If I hadn't seen your place I would be skeptical. Having seen your place I'm shocked they didn't stop and ask for a coffee refill.

I'm not sure I'd like a bear anywhere that close to me. Even moose are a bit ... scary that close.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.