Lost my mind

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost my mind

Post by Jeff »

Nice & clean work Fuzz!!!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Got to spend another day with the grinders today :roll: I am prepping to install the new stringers. Hope to make a good start on them tomorrow. We will see how it goes.

glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by glossieblack »

Looks like you've got the most shitty jobs behind you. Hoping so ... :D
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).

cape man

Post by cape man »

20220123_102850.jpg
How's the weather up there? 8)
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

glossieblack wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:24 am Looks like you've got the most shitty jobs behind you. Hoping so ... :D
You and me both! I hate having to pick up the grinders but it is part of the job that can not be avoided. I try to do the grinding at the end of the day so I can go straight from there to the rain locker.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:58 am 20220123_102850.jpg

How's the weather up there? 8)
Did any one ever tell you that you have a mean streak :?: :roll:

What makes it worse is the winter we are having this year. Snow then real cold, warm up and rain, turn everything into glare ice so slick you have to wear ice cleats outside, repeat and repeat :cry: This winter has sucked and is not getting any better. Looks like I get to spend the day plowing snow.

cape man

Post by cape man »

It froze here Monday while I was camping. Whacked all the semi-tropical plants around the house. Going to freeze harder Saturday night. Everything is inside or covered. Cold here is "different".
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

If I can see my breath down here it is too cold to be outside (unless sailing). Now call me weak (the wife does) but that’s my rule.

I will mention that I have heat on the helms. That and the ability to make hot drinks underway. Otherwise … see that breath and go back to bed.

Here’s were Fuzz’s head explodes… breath is generally visible at about 50 if humidity is high.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Part of being cold comes from the temperature change. If you are used to 90 and it drops to 60 you are cold. If it ha been -20 and it warms up to 30 you are hot. I do know that damp cold some places get sure feels colder than what the temp really is.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

So the bottom of the hull inside not very level and needed a gap to prevent hard spots. I cut a piece of Divinacell to set the stringers on.
And will be glassing them down,
That will give me something to do for the next few days. :roll: