Lost my mind

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Lost my mind

Post by cape man »

Awesome work David. I need it in the water next summer.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Okay, why the fire extinguisher there?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:19 am Okay, why the fire extinguisher there?
I had never used a cut off wheel on glass before and did not know if it would make enough heat to cause a major problem or not. I keep a water hose in the hull with me also.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:23 am Awesome work David. I need it in the water next summer.
I sure hope to have it in the water by then but we will see. I am noticing that at my age it sure takes longer to get stuff done :cry:

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:28 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:19 am Okay, why the fire extinguisher there?
I had never used a cut off wheel on glass before and did not know if it would make enough heat to cause a major problem or not. I keep a water hose in the hull with me also.
I figured you need to have a bonfire going just to keep the electrons flowing through your grinder since all atomic particles stop moving at absolute 0.

How much solid precipitation you all have up there? I almost sent you a picture of me working outside in my shirt sleeves but the mrs said that was mean.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

We have about three foot of snow on the ground now. It would have been a lot more but we have had a few warm ups with rain that melted away and into ice. We got around a foot the last two days so I spent my morning getting that cleaned up.
About the mean part not to worry CapeMan has got that covered :lol: But in a few months you guys will be cooking and we will be smiling.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

I’ve been there in your “hot days”. Y’all need to chat with the almighty and request recalibration of the thermostat. And down here we have antidote to summer… sweet tea, porches and fans. Add a bit of saltwater breeze with a touch of sunset and no one remembers to look at the thermometer.

😛
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Good thing most folks feel like you about living here. But in the past two years there sure has been a lot of folks from down south buying property in this area. I think most of it is folks buying summer homes.
Sitting on the porch drinking ice tea I understand but how people can work in your summer weather just evades me.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Just to make you feel better...
20220130_072816.jpg
We hit 28 F for several hours early this morning. Ran water to keep the pipes from busting.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Dang dude I hope you survive! I never worry much about my water freezing but the lines are 14 foot down :roll: