PH22 bracket

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: PH22 bracket

Post by TomW1 »

fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:07 pm
TomW1 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:20 pm

How far apart are the stringers? Can the toilet fit in between them? Yes the center stringers are at least 32" apart or 16" from the center line should give you plenty of room to set a toilet down in there. I am doing this from memory as I am sitting in our cabin on the Mississippi River in IA watching the eagles and the river flow by. You might want to call Jeff to see if he can call up the plan as Jacques is traveling with his wife an often does not have internet where he goes out west.

So, keep a back bulkhead 12" forward for like a baitwell or livewell? To clarify keep everything as is except cut out the last frame so you only have the side frames, this leaves you with out the support for the transom. Then lets call it a false transom, so now build the motor well starting at 3" at the bottom and using the same angle as the transom and the other side straight, the top will be 9-15" depending on the height of your transom. Then just measure and cut out a new frame for the front and you are all set. Brand new frame supporting the transom and a small baitwell if you wish in the center.

Hope this makes sense if not ask again.

Tom
pm me that address on the river, when I Huck Finn the Skoota down the river; I'll stop and see if u r home...probably 2 summers away
sent Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

So, how does one go about finding a bracket for these? I don't want to build one. And pref not aluminum as this is headed for salt.

And can the transom be made from coosa and would JM spec the coosa laminate schedule for a bracket?
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Duplicate, Tom, sorry.
Last edited by TomW1 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

TomW1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:54 pm
fallguy1000 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:03 am So, how does one go about finding a bracket for these? I don't want to build one. And pref not aluminum as this is headed for salt.

And can the transom be made from coosa and would JM spec the coosa laminate schedule for a bracket?
Here is what he recommends, you can buy a single pod or full swim plat form. They are aluminum but the best on the market or Jacque would not recommend them. https://www.armstrongnautical.com/armstrong-brackets/ So check them out. They are pretty quick on giving estimates.

Yes the transom can be made of coosa as long as it can take the bolts for the bracket and has the ability to handle the weight of the bracket and motor and HP this Jacques can help you on.

Regards, Tom