Fs18 video review

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
pedroe
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Fs18 video review

Post by pedroe »

The saga continues

https://youtu.be/qdhz8S1HlI8

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

Coach wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:36 pm Hey VT_Jeff! Love the SC-16! Took my daughter out hunting for striper this summer! We slayed em’ 10 fish in 2 hours! All under 26” but it was great fun!!!!
Awesome Coach, and nice work getting the family involved too!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

pedroe wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:27 am The saga continues
I watched all his vids. Pretty entertaining.

Some items are ticky-tack, some are major and hard to dismiss, like the mis-alignment of the sponsons and the misalignment of the trim tabs. IMO, that boat should have been sold as a full-on factory blem, heavily discounted, and "as-is" with no warranty, problem solved. Buyer gets the same boat for less money and nothing to complain about, manufacturer admits to the issues and compensates buyer for them, everyone moves on happily.

Maybe I'm just making excuses for them, but......Times are tough, no doubt: everyone seems to be having a hard time getting/retaining quality help, supplies are hard to get, slow to arrive and pricey, demand is outrageous. So I definitely have a lot of sympathy for small manufacturers who are trying to get orders out under a lot of difficult circumstances. I really hope they are able to push through and get back to delivering high-quality products on time and start generating some rave reviews.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Fun to watch his FS18 video. There’s not a lot of Boat Builder’s Central content out there.