Building supplies free and throttle control FS

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Building supplies free and throttle control FS

Post by Lower »

Hello all! It's been a long long time since I've posted here. I hope all is well! My build has been done for quite some time. It was an awesome project! Honestly I think I had as much fun building it as I do using it. With that said, I don't foresee myself building anything again any time soon so figured I would clear out some supplies I had left over. Would be nice to give back to the site that helped me so much.

I have 3 "lots" of stuff.

1.) Biaxial fiberglass (2 full rolls and a partial), wood flour, graphite, fairing mix, fiberglass thickener, 3M 5200, bow eyes (3), vents, 3M fairing board with sandpaper---all free to a good home. I do not want to ship. Hoping there is someone local beginning a build.

2.) Drain tubes (4 shown but have 5), 2 plugs, drain flaring tool and drain plug--also free to a good home. If local come pick it up. I can throw these in a box and ship as well if someone wants to pay shipping

3.) Seastar Osprey CH7541P throttle control with trim. MSRP $564, looks like they sell for $415. Would like to sell for $200+shipping.

I'm in Grafton, Ma.
Attachments
boat throttle control.jpg
drain tubes.jpg
boat building supplies.jpg

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Building supplies free and throttle control FS

Post by wpstarling »

Lower wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:58 pm Hello all! It's been a long long time since I've posted here. I hope all is well! My build has been done for quite some time. It was an awesome project! Honestly I think I had as much fun building it as I do using it. With that said, I don't foresee myself building anything again any time soon so figured I would clear out some supplies I had left over. Would be nice to give back to the site that helped me so much.

I have 3 "lots" of stuff.

1.) Biaxial fiberglass (2 full rolls and a partial), wood flour, graphite, fairing mix, fiberglass thickener, 3M 5200, bow eyes (3), vents, 3M fairing board with sandpaper---all free to a good home. I do not want to ship. Hoping there is someone local beginning a build.

2.) Drain tubes (4 shown but have 5), 2 plugs, drain flaring tool and drain plug--also free to a good home. If local come pick it up. I can throw these in a box and ship as well if someone wants to pay shipping

3.) Seastar Osprey CH7541P throttle control with trim. MSRP $564, looks like they sell for $415. Would like to sell for $200+shipping.

I'm in Grafton, Ma.
I'm interested in the first 2 'sets'. I know you don't want to ship the materials (understandable with shipping costs) so if you want to wait on that I'm OK but I'd be interested in it if you decide to ship (I pay shipping of course). How much for the drain stuff shipped to 32327?
Boats restored: 1973 Glastron CV16, 1990 Proline 17 CC, 1993 Bass Boat
Boats built: custom 15ft flat bottom skiff, Soon-to-be-built TX18 (originally dborecky's build)

Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

Hi wpstarling. I actually don’t mind packing it up and sending it if don’t mind covering the shipping costs. I can’t imagine it’s that expensive??? I’d rather see it used than thrown away. PM me and we can figure it out.

Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

All supplies were picked up. Glad they were able to be used.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

That was a really nice thing for you to do.