Bead board Headliner

Please see our tutorials and FAQ before posting.
PangaRon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bead board Headliner

Post by PangaRon »

Anyone know of a source for the bead board headliner used on the roof in this photo?

If not, any idea how to make it? Thanks!

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Bead board Headliner

Post by TomW1 »

Lowe's carrys it in 4 x 8' sheets. Just coat it with eopxy to protect it and paint as you want. I have used it in our cabin on the Mississippi River and it is holding up well with varnish on both sides. Lots of humitiy there. I did need to sand it smooth for my quality needs. :lol:

Good luck and regards:

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

PangaRon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PangaRon »

TomW1 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:39 pm Lowe's carrys it in 4 x 8' sheets. Just coat it with eopxy to protect it and paint as you want. I have used it in our cabin on the Mississippi River and it is holding up well with varnish on both sides. Lots of humitiy there. I did need to sand it smooth for my quality needs. :lol:

Good luck and regards:

Tom
No kidding?! Thanks Tom!

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by piperdown »

I just redid one of our bathrooms using something similar. Big box stores have multiple varieties, shiplap, bead, etc.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain