iOS app for personal boating logbook

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: iOS app for personal boating logbook

Post by fallguy1000 »

I can get one developed, but I'll need some help with the data tables.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Sorry, I only read the last couple posts. I can read the thread.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

My wife can write a captain's log in filemaker and convert it. She is in Palm Springs til tomorrow. She gets in late as hell on 11 hours travel time, so I won't bother her until later and I'll look for one already done..?

Ken- I want to thank you for mentioning because I'd like the 6 pak license.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jonnymac »

If this can save to the Files app, then it is good to go. As far as cloud backup goes as it will sync whenever your phone next has a chance.

I think its a cool idea, I have testflight if you need a betatester.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:30 pm My wife can write a captain's log in filemaker and convert it. She is in Palm Springs til tomorrow. She gets in late as hell on 11 hours travel time, so I won't bother her until later and I'll look for one already done..?
I’ve already written it :)

I should have it available in the App Store in January. Right now I’m addressing some “I’ll do it later” UI improvements and and apple compliance rules. If you see anything missing that is important for a “logbook” call it out.
jonnymac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 am If this can save to the Files app, then it is good to go. As far as cloud backup goes as it will sync whenever your phone next has a chance.

right now it saves to the iOS file system as not every uses iCloud. I could put the raw data and the exported log in Files. I don’t know if the standard iOS backup covers that like it does the core FS. Let me check on that. I’ve added you to my beta list. Thanks!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Jaysen wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:51 am
fallguy1000 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:30 pm My wife can write a captain's log in filemaker and convert it. She is in Palm Springs til tomorrow. She gets in late as hell on 11 hours travel time, so I won't bother her until later and I'll look for one already done..?
I’ve already written it :)

I should have it available in the App Store in January. Right now I’m addressing some “I’ll do it later” UI improvements and and apple compliance rules. If you see anything missing that is important for a “logbook” call it out.
jonnymac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:39 am If this can save to the Files app, then it is good to go. As far as cloud backup goes as it will sync whenever your phone next has a chance.

right now it saves to the iOS file system as not every uses iCloud. I could put the raw data and the exported log in Files. I don’t know if the standard iOS backup covers that like it does the core FS. Let me check on that. I’ve added you to my beta list. Thanks!
I was reading only the last few posts. I see you actually did it.

I need something good enough to log for 6 pak, like Ken mentioned. What does that mean? I dunno even!

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

That’s my goal. Something that holds the logbook.

What I know is needed:
1. Boat info
2. Date (start/stop)
3. Basic log entry.

The output will add a calculated “CG day equivalent”. That is basically taking “end - start” and any day that has more than 4hr is a day.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.