P21 Hull modifications.

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
TomTom
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: P21 Hull modifications.

Post by TomTom »

Your boat is absolutely gorgeous after all these years. I think you would be borrowing trouble trying to turn it into a C21… not structurally … I think you could easily over come those issues, but I agree that there are simpler solutions first.

A lot of the boats here - which is as hot as Florida - have cabins and once you get a breeze going through them it is actually really nice to be able to find some good shade in the cabin.

Funny to think I am contemplating a pop up tent type jump cabin on my C series and you are about to cut it off 😂😂

I’ve also seen some pretty neat low wattage fans - which I was thinking one could run directly off solar (as you need them most when the sun is shining)…

I say change the windows to ones that let air through, put some good vents in, and do some smaller things before you change the looks of that beautiful boat.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

This boat is very nicely built and it is sad to cut that nice cabin down but I agree tat it would be too hot to sleep in in the summer.
There is no structural problem as long as you keep the frames and add some fixed deck. A dual console or bow rider layout will work. It will have sufficient framing.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by OneWayTraffic »

About the trailering: Why is it such a chore? It should be possible to single handed launch any boat of that size or bigger without much hassle. A combination of keel rollers and UHMW plastic covered skids will help any boat slide off.

This video has it covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajrwuv7aCLw

Edit: fixed link.

Reedit: UHMW plastic will slide like rollers. I keep my boat on the hook until the wheels are in the water then go out and push. But I've never had a 33 footer.

nightcrawler
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by nightcrawler »

Gotta say . I ran a 28 ft Great alasken (large Tolman skiff) with a west coast cabin in Marathon fla for the last six years. Many days we were glad to have the shade and a place to get out of the wind. I would try what you have and maybe add a little ventilation as needed before committing to such a radical remo
Roland

fastlane
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by fastlane »

Thank you all for your replies. I got sick like the rest of the world and was away from my computer for a while. I really don't want to chop the boat up but i also want to maximize the usage.
its good to know i have options. I think if i do anything it will be minimal, I'l start by getting some larger and opening front windows and get some air through it. The big issue for me it trailering. I'm old and have some issues and trailering it is hard for me..At least it was at at my old ramps with no docks to launch next to. I am going to give it a shot as is. I think for out in the gulf it would be great and maybe just pick up something else for the flats. I'll keep you all updated with what i do. So many fish so little time.

This is an updated picture from just a few months ago when me and my son moved it from NJ to FLA.
Attachments
20211016_153216.jpg

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fish pic from FL requested.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495