Bogie’s CH14 in Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Bogie’s CH14 in Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman »

Thanks Fuzz!

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Hello

Rub rails are on! The building phase of this project is complete. Now it’s time for hours and hours and hours and hours of sanding and faring :lol:

Hope everyone is having a great time building and dreaming about boats.

Bogie
Attachments
6AAD49BF-814A-48FB-B974-3C54BC9B9ED2.jpeg

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Just curious about the rubrail section at the near end. It looks odd. Is there space between the outer and inner layers of the rubrail?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:15 am Just curious about the rubrail section at the near end. It looks odd. Is there space between the outer and inner layers of the rubrail?
Hi Jaysen!
No, it’s just a byproduct of my less than perfect cutting with the jigsaw. The rub rail is higher in some spots than others but once I hit it with a belt sander and trim off the excess pieces on each end it will be fine

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Bogieman wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:58 am
Jaysen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:15 am Just curious about the rubrail section at the near end. It looks odd. Is there space between the outer and inner layers of the rubrail?
Hi Jaysen!
No, it’s just a byproduct of my less than perfect cutting with the jigsaw. The rub rail is higher in some spots than others but once I hit it with a belt sander and trim off the excess pieces on each end it will be fine
I figured it was something like that. Looks great! Can't wait to see the next stage.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

It is looking very nice, like you have built a boat or two before!
Once you are finished you can get some EVA foam to pad the seats. I use the hobby foam for building seat cushions for our plastic canoes when I have to replace the factory seats with home built. You don't need real thick EVA. It is durable and light weight and I use felt to protect it from the UV and make it look better than foam alone. I am getting thin sheets to line my lockers with to keep things like anchors from chipping the epoxy.

https://tntcosplaysupply.com/product/eva-foam-sheets/
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:35 am It is looking very nice, like you have built a boat or two before!
Once you are finished you can get some EVA foam to pad the seats. I use the hobby foam for building seat cushions for our plastic canoes when I have to replace the factory seats with home built. You don't need real thick EVA. It is durable and light weight and I use felt to protect it from the UV and make it look better than foam alone. I am getting thin sheets to line my lockers with to keep things like anchors from chipping the epoxy.

https://tntcosplaysupply.com/product/eva-foam-sheets/
Thanks OQ!

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Hi!

It’s micro balloon time! Here is the first application. We are having a beautiful day. Temps hit the magic number (60) at 9:00am and are still climbing. Temps won’t drop below 60 until after midnight.

Bogie
Attachments
5BB40212-4AC8-4847-BEC4-B8BB92B28DAD.jpeg
EEE9DFEB-84D6-4B9D-8ECB-1EBEFAA34512.jpeg
7EAEF41D-BE1C-4B39-8423-3037E53755F8.jpeg

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Looks good Bogie!!! Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Looks good. Boy would it be nice to be outside in 60f weather about now.