Bogie’s CH14 in Myrtle Beach

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Bogie’s CH14 in Myrtle Beach

Post by Bogieman »

Hello everyone! It’s time to build a canoe :D After selling my AD16 (Tipsy) to Rafael, I bought a small camper with the goal of traveling and exploring our great country. I’ve already been out on several trips and quickly realized I needed a kayak or canoe and I didn’t want to buy one.

Yesterday I swung by BBC and picked up the CH14 cnc kit and epoxy fiberglass kit. It was great seeing Jeff and Reid too. I’ll be starting soon. She will be orange with white interior and natural seats, rub rails and breast hooks. Can’t wait to get started!

Bogie

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Bogie’s CH14 in Myrtle Beach

Post by Jaysen »

Nice! I bet you get that done in record time!
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Great seeing you guys Bogie!! Jeff

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Jaysen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:08 pm Nice! I bet you get that done in record time!
Hi Jaysen! I’m hoping she’ll be done by this time next month- in time for our next trip. Not going to rush it though …

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Bogieman wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:23 pm
Jaysen wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:08 pm Nice! I bet you get that done in record time!
Hi Jaysen! I’m hoping she’ll be done by this time next month- in time for our next trip. Not going to rush it though …
But don't try to be so speedy we don't get pictures!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

:lol:
OrangeQuest wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:21 pm
Bogieman wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:23 pm
But don't try to be so speedy we don't get pictures!
:lol:

Bogieman
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Bogieman »

Today I began splicing the bottom panels. Man I’ve missed building boats. And once again I’m doing some building indoors (I’m almost a pro by now so don’t worry ) :D

Bogie
Attachments
035F4D7E-1B16-4B90-A66E-567E3764F3CA.jpeg
0338B910-C752-4ADD-A500-9E85289034CA.jpeg

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Already looking good!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice Bogie!!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Nice Bogie, we need at least two pictures a day, :lol: And an explanation of any mods you make. It will make a great canoe to take with you.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978