VG23 Dimensions Question

Ask questions before buying our plans or request a new design. Anybody can post here
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: VG23 Dimensions Question

Post by TomW1 »

Could you possibly buildout a 4' extension on your garage door. a few 2x4's and 7 pieces of exterior ply painted to match the house should keep the neighbors happy. The reason I say this is that I saw you were in New Mexico, unless you live in one of those communities with specific rules. Just a thought I Had.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Could you possibly buildout a 4' extension on your garage door. a few 2x4's and 7 pieces of exterior ply painted to match the house should keep the neighbors happy. The reason I say this is that I saw you were in New Mexico, unless you live in one of those communities with specific rules. Just a thought I Had.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

TomW1 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:47 pm Could you possibly buildout a 4' extension on your garage door. a few 2x4's and 7 pieces of exterior ply painted to match the house should keep the neighbors happy. The reason I say this is that I saw you were in New Mexico, unless you live in one of those communities with specific rules. Just a thought I Had.

Tom
Yes, I'd bulid the entire thing outside if I could. But, no, won't work here unfortunately.
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

rick berrey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rick berrey »

Looking at your drawing you have 21'10" x 19'8" , if you pull a 6 , 8 , 10 layout on the floor using 2.5 x the 6, 8 ,10 from the right hand back corner you will have 25' on the long line of the angle . This gives you 1' clearance on either end if you use the 25' long line for your center line , beam is 8'1" , mark 4'1/2" inch to either side of the center line and you will get an idea of the space you will need in relation to the post and doors . Use blue chalk to pop your lines on the floor , not red , you should have room to slide your center line to the front .

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

OK, *assuming* the study plans are to scale - and my measurement from them are accurate - it fits. Just. I trust the study plans contain an accurate scale plan of the boat footprint!?!?! Can someone confirm this please?

I suppose that means we have to build it!!
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

rick berrey
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rick berrey »

You might even be able to scale it up 5%