2008 Everglades 325 CC

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Cbuf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: 2008 Everglades 325 CC

Post by Cbuf »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:36 pm Man that is a lot of power you will be feeding :help:
Did they ever get the flywheel problem sorted out?
These motors are the model C 350's I had the original model A, the model A and B had flywheel issues apparently the model C's still do, but there is a flywheel counter for service hours at a certain RPM. The “C” designation denotes a third generation of the motor with a number of incremental changes Yamaha has incorporated in recent years, including improved gearcase lubricity and corrosion resistance, reduced weight, and the extension of the standard warranty to five years.
from the website:
The F350C is fitted with an ECU (Engine Control Unit) that monitors time of use in specific RPM bands and then gives the owner an alert when regularly-scheduled service is due. The ECU specifically clocks the time the motor spends between 3500 and 4200 RPM to address an issue with the flywheel design of the F350. A few years after the F350 was introduced it was discovered that a “harmonic event” takes place within the engine between 3500 and 4200 RPM that over time could cause the flywheel to fracture, leading to major engine damage. With no apparent fix for this issue short of redesigning the engine, Yamaha has a policy of simply replacing the flywheel after the engine has run for 80 hours within that 3500-to-4200 window, and set up the new ECU to count those hours. Note that this interval is not for 80 total hours of operation, rather only the hours in that RPM range, which is likely below the best cruising range for most boats. The performance of each boat will determine how much time the motor spends in this state of harmonic dissonance. This ECU has been retrofitted to earlier F350 models at no charge for a few years, and Yamaha also picks up the cost of replacing the flywheel. Perhaps to boost consumer confidence, Yamaha has also extended the base warranty of the F350C from three years to five years, with an additional two years of coverage available at extra cost.
See my LM 18 build here.
viewtopic.php?t=64254
See my LM 18 Questions here.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64299&hilit=lm18\
Finished Boat Here
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65173

Cbuf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cbuf »

The last thing I did prior to leaving florida on my second to last trip out, my raw water washdown pump failed. It was the original, I think getting 14 years out of a salt water washdown pump was get. Hopefully the new ones lasts as long.

Future projects:
build a removable cutting board that sits above the fish box, so that I can still open the box.
Replace the raymarine auto pilot with a garmin ones that integrates with the new GPS.
Replace a broken SS rod holder.
Add more rode holders to the t top
build a tee top bag for storage
replace the side bolster cushions and make covers for them.
replace the vinyl on the front seats.
more to come......
I did pickup a heavy duty sewing machine, and will be practicing making covers for people.
See my LM 18 build here.
viewtopic.php?t=64254
Finished Boat Here

Cbuf
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Cbuf »

I got a nice side shot of the new white motors when I was down tarpon fishing. Also built a new removable high mounted cutting board for bait welded up some scrap 1.5 in aluminum tubing. The top separates from the field goal shaped stand, and the pole is also removeable. I made it in wisconsin, and stuck it in my carry on. The airport made me check it, costing me an additional 50 dollars, because they said it was a club like object. We had a great trip, no official catches of tarpon, but we had a few on, and we caught a ton of big shark. I like to keep the boat full when I leave it. I just got the fuel bill, and just wanted to say thanks Joe Biden, I didn't have a need for that $1800.
Attachments
sdie_shot.jpg
See my LM 18 build here.
viewtopic.php?t=64254
Finished Boat Here

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Good looking boat!!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Pretty White Yamahas on a beautiful boat. Sounds like you have a nice list to make her bett3r.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978