Adapting old plans

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
bklake
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Adapting old plans

Post by bklake »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:43 pm You would do a scarfing joint to make long panels. Bulkheads do not belong on joins. Bulkhead actually belong away from joins.
All of the hull side panels are flat. There is no curve except the hull bottom of the bow section. The bulkhead at a panel join is the type of issue that has to be adapted/resolved. Making long panels is in the HB16 plans. Where the frames are on the HB16 will be a clue to where to place bulkheads.

I'm going through my HB16 plans and instructions to get a feel for how they were adapted from old plans. Then I'm going through the article, taking notes to see if I can make them follow the sequence of build for the HB16. I'm trying to extract and expand each sentence to make it a numbered step sequence.

There is a pdf file on the boatbuildercentral main site. I read that. Almost all of the parameters of the Platform Boat fall into the category of being easily adaptable based on that document.