Question for Jacques

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Question for Jacques

Post by Jeff »

This question arrived via email overnight: "I am looking at the LB26 or the De25 to build at home. I live in Titusville, FL and would mainly use it in the Indian River but would occasionally like to use it in the Keys and maybe some open water fishing. What design would be the best?" Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question for Jacques

Post by jacquesmm »

Different style boats. Inboard against outboard, classic picnic launch look against lobster boat etc.
One important point is that the DE25 is easier to build and will cost less.
Another point is draft. The inboard has shaft, a prop and a strut sticking out which can be difficult in your area. You may miss access to many nice spots in the Banana river for example. The inboard is a little better for offshore sailing. I lean towards the DE25 for your area.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

2nd .. de25

LB26 is a special boat, harder to build, better suited for deeper waters...you won't risk her shallow
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Agree the DE25 will be the best boat for you. Slightly shallower draft for the river and bay and Keys but able to go offshore in good weather.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978