Modify the design slightly to add chines for more stability

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
laganbailey
New Poster
New Poster

Modify the design slightly to add chines for more stability

Post by laganbailey »

6 Simple steps to maintain your vacuum cleaner

Vacuum cleaner is an amazing machine that helps you with your chores and doesn’t need much attention. But after a period of time, you should check and maintain it, clean parts such as belts, filters, brush roll, etc. Regular maintenance of the vacuum cleaner not only will help the machine operate efficiently and durable but also help you ease the pain to pay for the maintenance fee and parts replacement when it’s broken, especially for top 10 vacuum cleaners. And you can simply do your own maintenance at home by these 6 simple steps.

1. Check the outer shell

Wipe away cracks and dirt attached. Make sure the power plug is secure. If the power cord is peeling, open or broken, you must immediately repair it.

2. Check the belt

If the belt is cracked, broken or twisted, it needs to be repaired or replaced. Remember that the belt has to connect tightly to the body. You can always find replacement parts for good vacuum cleaners available everywhere.

3. Clean the filter

Firstly, you need to remove hair, pet hair, dirt or paper debris from the filter of the vacuum cleaner. Secondly, check which type of filter is yours. Is it washable or non-washable? Then, follow the instructions of the manufacturer. If it’s a washable filter, regularly wash it with soapy water, dry it, then install it in the machine and replace the new filter every 6 to 12 months to prevent mold and odors in the machine. And if it’s a non-washable one, replace it according to the recommendation or when needed.

4. Clean brush roll

You must clean hair, thread, pet hair or debris from the coil brush so it spins smoothly. Then you turn the brush roll and listen to see if the brush roll rotates smoothly. If there is a squeak or creaking of the bearings, you need to replace the bearing with a new one.

5. Check the dust bag

There are two types of best vacuum cleaners in the world which are the bagged vacuums and bagless vacuums. With the bagged vacuum cleaners, you must always keep the bag closed, then wipe off the dust and replace the bag with a new one when you see your bag ¾ full. If it’s a bagless one, you should empty the dust canister, clean it with water, dry it and put it back on to prevent mold and health hazards.

6. Check the hose

Periodically check the suction hose for cracks, dirt or any large objects blocking the ventilation line. In addition, you must not hold the hose to move the machine from one place to another.

LAST FEW WORDS

Keeping a clean and good condition vacuum is essential for ensuring performance and prolonging the lifespan of the machine. Otherwise, you will easily find your machine clogged up, damaged and a wide variety of other maintenance issues, even with The Best Vacuum Cleaner on the market. Before you know it, you already paid a fortune to fix it although you can avoid it simply by doing the occasional maintenance yourself. Hope our tips can help you to maintain your vacuum cleaner.
Last edited by laganbailey on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

Dan_Smullen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Modify the design slightly to add chines for more stability

Post by Dan_Smullen »

Reverse chimes were important to me too on my freshmen building project. Check out the pics on the page at the link and the next. They were a fun side quest and worth the time.

app.php/gallery/search/self/24

OneWayTraffic
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Modify the design slightly to add chines for more stability

Post by OneWayTraffic »

I'm not sure what you mean by stability:

Static, in which case I don't think chines would make any noticeable difference unless they are large. The beam stays the same overall.

Or Dynamic in which case I'm sure that they add some stability, due to deflecting water downwards.

Anyway I used a plywood dam and filled with putty for mine. Then glassed the outside with light glass, and glued UHMWPE to the chines. I'm happy with the outcome. Details on my C17 build thread.