Capturing JM's recommenations?

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Capturing JM's recommenations?

Post by piperdown »

Just curious if JM's recommendations are being captured from the forum and added to the plans or tutorials?

The question came to me based on BarraMan's recommendation to check with JM on adding extra fiberglass when adding 10%. This is the link to the thread. viewtopic.php?t=66118

I was thinking about all the answers JM has given in various build threads about extra fiberglass here or there when increasing the size of the boat plus some other questions from builders JM has answered. Just wondering if that was being captured somewhere so a builder doesn't have to spend hours searching for the answers in forum threads.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Capturing JM's recommenations?

Post by jacquesmm »

When you scale up and down, my 10% limit does not require any changes to the scantlings but, in many cases, I recommend extra glass layers when the builder installas a larger engine.
I would take it case by case.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

piperdown
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Capturing JM's recommenations?

Post by piperdown »

jacquesmm wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:04 am When you scale up and down, my 10% limit does not require any changes to the scantlings but, in many cases, I recommend extra glass layers when the builder installas a larger engine.
I would take it case by case.
Sounds good JM.
Eric (aka, piperdown)

"Give an Irishman lager for a month and he's a dead man. An Irishman's stomach is lined with copper, and the beer corrodes it. But whiskey polishes the copper and is the saving of him." --> Mark Twain