Interllux Perfection Varnish

See our FAQ and tutorials before posting.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Interllux Perfection Varnish

Post by TomW1 »

Jeff out of curiosity I was going through looking for my favoite and longest lasting varnish and could not find it under the Interlux products. Using it sure saves having to refinish more often. Just inquiriing why it is not included in the Interlux varnishes, I can undestand it not being in the Perfection Paint color list..

Have a good day. :D

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interllux Perfection Varnish

Post by Jeff »

Tom, remind me on Monday. I will do some research but the likely my distributor cannot get it so we took it off the site. This has happened with several of the paint items. They say that that cannot get the appropriate chemicals!! I will circle back with a final response!! Jeff

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Interllux Perfection Varnish

Post by TomW1 »

Jeff, this is the Interlux product I am refering to https://www.interlux.com/en/us/boat-pai ... ction-plus I found it being sold by West, Jamestown Distributors and iBoat, also Amazon for what that is worth. :lol: I have had it on one project for over 6 years with no signs of wear and this will be 7. It sits out in full sun and gets up to 90 degree temps, not as many days as you have down there, but we also have the winter cold and snow on it. It is really a clear product. The only problem with it is that you cannot use it over a single base varnish, you need to use it over raw wood.

You have a good day and don't worry to much about this. I am done with my vanishing days with a hip and shoulder replacement. :lol: No more boat building for me. :(

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978