SK14 NE FL

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Greencoverob
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: SK14 NE FL

Post by Greencoverob »

I was cleaning up today to prep to start paint and noticed what seems to be the same orange film on top of my hardener cans. I’m going to assume I got too heavy with the hardener causing the orange film, which is terribly embarrassing considering I’m using the metered pumps…. Didn’t affect the cure, it was a large batch, so wasn’t as bad as an extra pump in a small batch.

Made arrangements to take the boat to friends shop to utilize paint booth. Then when trying to figure out schedule, realized it would be several weeks before I could get a weekend to do it and not interrupt his workflow. Considered building a paint tent or something along those lines. Remembered I have an enclosed trailer sitting in the yard that had decided to not be road worthy some months ago. Still rolls around property fine, but wouldn’t take on actual roads. Built plywood “doors” with box fans and slots for filters. Two inlet fans in the rear door, two exhaust fans on the side walk door. Leave the exhaust fans on medium, intake on high, puts positive pressure in bay and dust out. Have lights coming and will paint walls white after I get the boat out. I build a fair amount of furniture items, so I can justify the expense and effort. Coat 1 on hull today. Didn’t spray, wanted to try the roller method, and didn’t cover interior with plastic yet. Happy so far.

Also picked up a trailer yesterday. Been shopping marketplace/craigslist since I started this project. Used trailers in rough shape only a couple hundred less than this new aluminum jet ski trailer. Picked it up and set it on my work pad to be able to stay in front of the portacool. Nice thing about aluminum.
Attachments
105B2991-E926-4EE4-8E72-4252E873B2EF.jpeg
E67137B7-2FFA-48DF-B61E-C4F8D1E8EEE8.jpeg
A2EDCE91-2D40-4B3E-9A77-A532C01F74BB.jpeg
0CCCAF89-DD52-4AD9-A231-017402592A40.jpeg