Selling OD18

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.
TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Selling OD18

Post by TomW1 »

I am selling Cracker Larry's OD18 built and trailer. I used it well for the first few years I had her, but I have a have had a hip replacement and a shoulder replacement and have not touched her in the last two years. She needs some very much delayed clean up inside. Her outside paint is still good the inside needs redone. The 70HP Yamaha 2st motor will also need a tune up. I will sell it for $2500 as is, worth much more than that when cleaned up. For questions, Call me 828 488 6840 or e-mail arrowhea @ live.com Cracker Larry launched her in 2013. I will apologize for her condition right now; it has been a hard two years and I am back in Physical therapy again.

Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Selling OD18

Post by Jaysen »

“Asking for a friend” who may be me….

Boat and motor titled in NC?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

That is a give away price for one hell of a boat!
Tom sorry to learn you will be selling her. I know that can not be easy.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:06 pm “Asking for a friend” who may be me….

Boat and motor titled in NC?
Yes for boat and motor is not required to be titled.
Last edited by TomW1 on Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:10 pm That is a give away price for one hell of a boat!
Tom sorry to learn you will be selling her. I know that can not be easy.
I know Fuzz I put off doing this for a long time until I have finally realized I will not be able and want to see someone take her and fix her back up to Larry's standards. :D

cape man

Post by cape man »

If it is $2500 consider it sold. I'll come up within the month to get it.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

CNYBoater
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by CNYBoater »

Glad that worked out.

Hope everything bears out with you Tom and that you still have boat buddies that you can go out with when you feel able.

cape man

Post by cape man »

You do have the titles for the boat and trailer?
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

Man...always a day late.
Gary
GF-16 Completed

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

cape man wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:28 am You do have the titles for the boat and trailer?
Yes, boat is titled Craig no title for trailer, not required in NC but registered, tagged and taxed. We will be leaving for Iowa on Sept 10 and coming back on Occ 4. I will be extremely busy until the 10th so let's plan after the 4th. The price is $2500 because I feel so bad about how I have let her insides get into. in the last two years after my hip and shoulder surgery's. Look forward to seeing you.

Tom