TX-18 dimension verify

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
travisc454
New Poster
New Poster

TX-18 dimension verify

Post by travisc454 »

Im just needing to check some dimensions.
On the plans TX-18 US LS
from the MW to the transom, it goes from a negative dead rise to a positive dead rise (almost flat) causing the hull to have a slight hook down in the last 20". This may be intentional but in the file TX-18 Complete, the transom detail the inverted v continues all the way through the transom.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: TX-18 dimension verify

Post by wpstarling »

The TX-18 plans contain 2 sets of plans. One for the TX-18 and the other for the 'sea sled 18' which is almost identical to a hickman designed sea sled. You want to concentrate on one or the other, they are different boats. More than likely you want the TX-18 (texas sled 18) plans, just make sure on any page with dimensions/drawings it has 'texas sled 18' on it and you will be looking at the correct ones.
Boats restored: 1973 Glastron CV16, 1990 Proline 17 CC, 1993 Bass Boat
Boats built: custom 15ft flat bottom skiff, Soon-to-be-built TX18 (originally dborecky's build)

travisc454
New Poster
New Poster

Post by travisc454 »

wpstarling wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:44 pm The TX-18 plans contain 2 sets of plans. One for the TX-18 and the other for the 'sea sled 18' which is almost identical to a hickman designed sea sled. You want to concentrate on one or the other, they are different boats. More than likely you want the TX-18 (texas sled 18) plans, just make sure on any page with dimensions/drawings it has 'texas sled 18' on it and you will be looking at the correct ones.
Thx. I was thrown off by the first pages that are about the Tx18 and didnt see the "sea sled 18" in the notes.

wpstarling
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by wpstarling »

travisc454 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:33 am
wpstarling wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:44 pm The TX-18 plans contain 2 sets of plans. One for the TX-18 and the other for the 'sea sled 18' which is almost identical to a hickman designed sea sled. You want to concentrate on one or the other, they are different boats. More than likely you want the TX-18 (texas sled 18) plans, just make sure on any page with dimensions/drawings it has 'texas sled 18' on it and you will be looking at the correct ones.
Thx. I was thrown off by the first pages that are about the Tx18 and didnt see the "sea sled 18" in the notes.
No problem, Jacques throws in the 'sea sled' as an extra, i'm not sure anyone has built it though.

If you're going to build the TX-18 I've got a hull that I bought that I'll be starting soon so feel free to throw questions my way if needed and I'll see if I can answer them :) The hull I bought was dborecky's so you can see it in his post wherever it lives, he moved and I bought it from him (well through Aripeka angler but still from derrick)
Boats restored: 1973 Glastron CV16, 1990 Proline 17 CC, 1993 Bass Boat
Boats built: custom 15ft flat bottom skiff, Soon-to-be-built TX18 (originally dborecky's build)