C17 open in France - launched

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: C17 open in France

Post by Jeff »

Nice!!! Jeff

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

She sure looks pretty with some jewelry on!
Hank

OlivierP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OlivierP »

Getting there ! Can't finish today unfortunately, the wiring of the control handle is 1m too short, I have to wait a couple of days for an extension. But everything else is on.

Last edited by OlivierP on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Built C17 (app.php/gallery/album/262), GF14, Devlin Bella 16. Sails a 30ft Biloup 89 sailboat.

OlivierP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OlivierP »

Looks more and more like a boat.

I have the name, awaiting the stickers...

Last edited by OlivierP on Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Built C17 (app.php/gallery/album/262), GF14, Devlin Bella 16. Sails a 30ft Biloup 89 sailboat.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice!! Jeff

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

What an awesome build. Thanks for sharing. I bet she'll fly with that 50 on her!
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

OlivierP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OlivierP »

Thanks Cape Man, Jeff and Pee wee, much appreciated. I'm impatient to see how she handles at sea, we should find out pretty soon now.

OlivierP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OlivierP »

Back at home with motor and equipment mounted and tested.

I have applied 3 layers of non-slip paint on the sole. Now it has to dry before launch.

mhd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by mhd »

Fingers crossed for the big day. Looking forward to seeing photos of her in the water!

Good luck!

Mick
FB11 (Designer Evan Gatehouse)
VG23 (Designer Jacques Mertens)

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert A. Heinlein.

OlivierP
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by OlivierP »

Launched !

The launch was very easy, single handed from the trailer and back.

She floats in hardly any water empty, the scuppers are way above the waterline, which is what I expected, I have raised the sole by 3.5 cm.

She handled perfectly at sea for this first hour of tests, felt very stable and confident and cut through waves quite well, not a drop of water in the cockpit so far. I like how she behaves at moderate speed (around 15kts) in wavy seas where she can handle whatever comes.

I have tested the top speed on flat water in an inlet, around 27kts with the 50 Yam, which is fine and more than I need, I either sail in the open sea with chop and waves so below 20kts, or in the Gulf of Morbihan where the speed limit is 10kts. Top speed was at 5800 rpm, which is just right, so the stock prop pitch is ok by chance.

I just need to install the keel shield and the bimini, and go fishing !

Last edited by OlivierP on Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.