My steel wheel

Share tips, suggest or request changes, anything that does not fit in the other categories.

Change the wheelyes to something less conductive?

Yes
No votes
No
20%
Big baby; it is only lightening
80%

Total votes: 5

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: My steel wheel

Post by fallguy1000 »

Aripeka Angler wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:32 pm
cape man wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:11 am The steering has gone out on No Excuse. When looking at how to remove the helm I discovered where Larry had grounded the helm and the T top to the main ground bus bar. Does this help?
I seriously doubt the ground to the battery would make much difference if the t-top or helm gets zapped by lightning and you are holding on to either one. The lightning is going to try to get to the water. If it goes through you, it’s still going to try to get to the water.
Richard and I agree on this one!
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Aripeka Angler

Re: My steel wheel

Post by Aripeka Angler »

fallguy1000 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:46 pm
Aripeka Angler wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:32 pm
cape man wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:11 am The steering has gone out on No Excuse. When looking at how to remove the helm I discovered where Larry had grounded the helm and the T top to the main ground bus bar. Does this help?
I seriously doubt the ground to the battery would make much difference if the t-top or helm gets zapped by lightning and you are holding on to either one. The lightning is going to try to get to the water. If it goes through you, it’s still going to try to get to the water.
Richard and I agree on this one!
Stop the presses, we agree on something! 😂
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146