Builders Fs 17 (How does it ride)

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Walter Thom
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Builders Fs 17 (How does it ride)

Post by Walter Thom »

I would like know how the FS17 rides in a 1-3' chop. Is it a nice dry and smooth riding boat? I understand weight distribution is critical and I also know how to load a boat for a good ride. Some hulls just don't perform well. Before I dive into the build of a boat that I have never seen on the water, I need information on if it rides with the bow a little proud up front so the spray (while on plane) is coming out aft of mid ship, instead of near the bow causing spray to come over the bow getting everyone good and wet. Don't want that. How smooth or harsh does it ride? I see that it has a 3 degree dead rise at the transom so, that is pretty flat. Flat bottomed boats will beat you up pretty good in a moderate chop so, how does it handle that? I'd like to get started on this ASAP so, let me know what you think.

Thanks
Walter Thom

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Builders Fs 17 (How does it ride)

Post by narfi »

I think there is a video of my fa17 on the info page. If you can't find it let me know and I'll find it for you.

I love the way it rides but don't have a lot to compare it to other than aluminum Lunds of the same size. It rides night and day smoother than those and is so much quieter in the waves. In a big chop you can get wet, but typically anything we go out in we stay dry.

It's a great boat imo, but I'm biased :p

Walter Thom
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Walter Thom »

Thanks Narfi
I moved on from this build. I had found some info that persuaded me to seek another option.
Thanks a bunch
Walter Thom

narfi
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by narfi »

We all have to pick the best one for us :)
I hope you share your build with lots of pictures for us to drool over :)