Panga 22

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Hunt2871
New Poster
New Poster

Panga 22

Post by Hunt2871 »

I am thinking about building a Panga 22 with tiller steering. 60 HP BigFoot tiller. Anyone been in one of the Pangas here? I’ve fished out of a bunch of “Pangas” but these are slightly different than those. How stable is the narrow hull? I’ve got the motor on an aluminum Jon boat now but I’m looking for a hull to fish offshore in and a Jon boat ain’t it. I’m comfortable in the Pangas in Mexico and the rest of the world but these look like they’re a deeper vee than the norm.

Also what kind of performance will a 60 hp provide? It’s a big foot so it’s geared lower than normal. I can get around 27 mph in my Jon boat which is plenty for me.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Panga 22

Post by Fuzz »

I have never been in a panga but those who have built them seem to be happy with them. Do a search for 22 panga and read what they have to say. Welcome to boat building and have fun along the way.