Building a Corsair CR13

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Brocky
New Poster
New Poster

Building a Corsair CR13

Post by Brocky »

Hello everyone, I have started building a CR13. The panels are cut out and glued together, frames are cut out, and all the edges have been sealed with a couple of coats of epoxy, and best of all I've made only a couple of mistakes. While I've been waiting for glue to set, I've been following all the threads to do with this boat, and I have a couple of questions that the Boat Builder Central people may be able to help me with:

1. I brought up the question of a centreboard instead of a daggerboard in the questions before building section, and after some good advice from Jaysen decided to defer a decision till after I started. The place where I buy all my boatbuilding supplies from, and who rebuilds sailing dinghies for customers really thought a swinging centreboard is a good idea, especially with the many shifting sandbanks where I will sail, and where they all sail. The question came up in a thread in 2009, and Jacques offered to send the centreboard design plans for a C12. It must be a similar design. Is it possible for you to send me these plans?

2. I would like to use a gunter rig on the boat. In a thread in 2014 Jacques offered to send the plans for a gunter rig for an OT16, which would suit the CR13. Can those plans be sent to me also?

If there is a cost, I am happy to pay it for these.
Ian

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Building a Corsair CR13

Post by Reid »

Brocky wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:47 am Hello everyone, I have started building a CR13. The panels are cut out and glued together, frames are cut out, and all the edges have been sealed with a couple of coats of epoxy, and best of all I've made only a couple of mistakes. While I've been waiting for glue to set, I've been following all the threads to do with this boat, and I have a couple of questions that the Boat Builder Central people may be able to help me with:

1. I brought up the question of a centreboard instead of a daggerboard in the questions before building section, and after some good advice from Jaysen decided to defer a decision till after I started. The place where I buy all my boatbuilding supplies from, and who rebuilds sailing dinghies for customers really thought a swinging centreboard is a good idea, especially with the many shifting sandbanks where I will sail, and where they all sail. The question came up in a thread in 2009, and Jacques offered to send the centreboard design plans for a C12. It must be a similar design. Is it possible for you to send me these plans?

2. I would like to use a gunter rig on the boat. In a thread in 2014 Jacques offered to send the plans for a gunter rig for an OT16, which would suit the CR13. Can those plans be sent to me also?

If there is a cost, I am happy to pay it for these.
Ian
Brocky,

I sent you an email with some attachments that you are referring to. Hope this help.
Good luck on the build!
-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright