DE25 using diesel

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
Vosters
New Poster
New Poster

DE25 using diesel

Post by Vosters »

Can the d3-160 dp volvo penta be used for the DE25 long cockpit version?

bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bear »

The Volvo D3-160 DP is 330kg and a 200HP (max for the DE23) is about 270kg (Honda). I think the extra 60Kg would not be a problem for the DE25. I would think the total weight of the Volvo would be further forward than the outboards weight. But of course there must be made some bedding for the engine mounts. I think I saw JM offer such modification in another thread. But JM will hopefully answer your question himself soon. As we know US are hit by what must be a disaster these days.
Have a look at DeeDaddys gallery to see how he did it on his CS25 with the 300Hp Cummins. Anyway, with the fuel prices of $2.30 ($18.00 a gallon) one have to think diesel engines.

Bear :P

Rick
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Rick »

bear wrote:I think I saw JM offer such modification in another thread. But JM will hopefully answer your question himself soon. As we know US are hit by what must be a disaster these days.
Fortunately, Jacques is several hundred kilometers away. This is a 3-day holiday weekend in the US. I imagine that Jacques is enjoying a holiday away from his computer and will be back Tuesday.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

That diesel should fit and the weigth is not a problem since it is forward of where the outboard should be.
Beware of all the space you will loose in the cokcpit but if you accept that, go for it.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com